Sunday, June 10, 2012


alittlemuse:



 Wovenplay Prussian Tutu

I have always been mesmerized by ballerinas-it started early when I discovered Degas’ paintings of ballerinas and was cemented when my sister Joan took me to see the Nutcracker when I was just six. I LOVE everything about them but particularly the costumes! The children’s brand Wovenplay have the most exquisite couture- like pieces that even prima ballerina Wendy Whelan would be proud to own.  Their Prussian tutu is a favorite of mine! In the new year I want to shoot a film of @a dozen little girls in various states of Wovenplay tutus!  In the meantime I have bought Tallulah a Jess Brown/Wovenplay collaboration ballerina doll dressed in a prussian tutu to put under the tree this Christmas.  We’ll have to name her after one of the greats-Margot perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment